Friday, July 15, 2011

How Much Did J.K. Rowling Get For The First Harry Potter Book?

If I could find a way to pay for seven tickets to the last Harry Potter movie, my kids would think I was the coolest dad.

Hmmm.... gotta work on that one. Before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in movie form, there were the books. And before Rowling was the writing success all writers dream of following, there was the unknown writer trying to get her first book published.

W-a-a-a-a-a-a-y back when, Rowling received approximately $2,400 in an advance from her publisher for the first book,  Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, according to a list of Potter-related stats on an Entrepreneur blog posting by Jason Fell.

The rest, as they say, is history.

That kind of an advance would be enough to make me happy. Well, a couple hundred bucks would make me (er... my kids) happy because I could take them to the movies.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...