Friday, July 15, 2011

How Much Did J.K. Rowling Get For The First Harry Potter Book?

If I could find a way to pay for seven tickets to the last Harry Potter movie, my kids would think I was the coolest dad.

Hmmm.... gotta work on that one. Before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in movie form, there were the books. And before Rowling was the writing success all writers dream of following, there was the unknown writer trying to get her first book published.

W-a-a-a-a-a-a-y back when, Rowling received approximately $2,400 in an advance from her publisher for the first book,  Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, according to a list of Potter-related stats on an Entrepreneur blog posting by Jason Fell.

The rest, as they say, is history.

That kind of an advance would be enough to make me happy. Well, a couple hundred bucks would make me (er... my kids) happy because I could take them to the movies.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...