Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cruising to the NaNoWriMo Finish Line

Another challenge done. 

Some of you are still feverishly typing away trying to get to that 50,000 word finish line as National Novel Writing Month comes to a close. That was me last year. I was probably around 15,000 words from the finish this time last year. STRESS!!!

So, if you're there.... I feel your pain. But, this year, I did a far better job of managing my writing time and balancing my life. I strolled towards 50,000 words at about 6:45 p.m. on Nov. 28. What that meant was that last night I got a good night's sleep for the first time in November.

It felt really good not having 100 thoughts rushing through my head related to plot, character development, setting, pacing, etc., etc. 

Still not done? Keep writing. You can do it. The pay off will be awesome. It was a wonderful night's rest. Even before that, I knew in the morning I would meet my goal that evening. So, work was a breeze. I dressed up in a suit jacket, strolled around campus with a smile.

People asked why I was dressed up. I smiled and said, "I'm done with my novel!" Even the subway ride home was enjoyable. I just sank back into my seat with a nearly complete feeling of satiation.

Good times. OK, I'm gonna go back to basking in the afterglow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...