Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Eight Of NaNoWriMo: Life Happens

All those days of trying to get ahead on my word count helped because now I'm under the gun. As we enter Week Two of National Novel Writing Month, many of us are starting to feel the pressure of trying to write a novel in 30 days A-N-D keep our lives from spiraling out of control.

What's happening for me?

I was battling some sort of stomach bug all last week. Slowed me down, but I kept plugging away.
Now my wife has it this week.

The school (without consulting me, of course) scheduled two days off this week, so the kids have been at home. There is no place to hide from them! They are everywhere! They know how to pick the lock in the bathroom! I'm not letting them watch McGyver anymore!

So... needless to say, I am about 1,600 words behind. No worries. I knew something would happen during Week Two. Now I've just got to ride it out. If that means I stay up an extra hour tonight and wake up an hour earlier, then that's what I'll do.

How's your NaNoWriMo experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...