Thursday, November 17, 2011

Visiting The Library Of Congress For Inspiration

It was an inspirational day for me. Sometimes as writers we may need to recharge our batteries. That's what today was all about for me. I spent the first half of the day at the Library of Congress. Let me just say you need more time in that place!

I'm in that middle act of my NaNoWriMo novel, and it's getting shaky. So today's trip was designed to inspire and get me back on track.

If you've never gone, make it one of your destinations when you visit Washington, DC. Checking out Thomas Jefferson's personal library collection was wicked cool. He possessed more than 6,000 books! Many of the ones I saw were ones he actually used. When you think about it. You're inches away from books that Thomas Jefferson held and read.

Then there were all the statues, paintings, inscriptions everywhere! The reading rooms were amazing.
It was a great use of time. I will reap the benefits in my next writing session. Just gotta get the kids to bed first. So, if you're floundering in your writing project, find something that will inspire. Then, go do it, and come back to your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...