Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Read 50 Books in 2012

As I've shared here before, I have set a goal for myself: I will read 50 books in 2012. Some will say, "That's a lot!" Others might say, "That's all?!"

Well, it's my goal. I'm happy to report that I've put 9 books to bed so far. And my GoodReads.com profile shows that I'm currently reading seven more books. I'm ready to add two more books to the pile.

One is a work of fiction; the other is nonfiction. What have I learned so far?

I read fiction far slower than I do non-fiction. Doesn't that make sense? It does to me. When I'm reading a work of fiction, I scrutinize every decision the writer has made in telling a story. I don't know... Maybe I'm biased, but reading fiction should go slower. 

OK... back to reading. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...