Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Read 50 Books in 2012

As I've shared here before, I have set a goal for myself: I will read 50 books in 2012. Some will say, "That's a lot!" Others might say, "That's all?!"

Well, it's my goal. I'm happy to report that I've put 9 books to bed so far. And my GoodReads.com profile shows that I'm currently reading seven more books. I'm ready to add two more books to the pile.

One is a work of fiction; the other is nonfiction. What have I learned so far?

I read fiction far slower than I do non-fiction. Doesn't that make sense? It does to me. When I'm reading a work of fiction, I scrutinize every decision the writer has made in telling a story. I don't know... Maybe I'm biased, but reading fiction should go slower. 

OK... back to reading. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...