Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Editing and Learning About Cover Design

It takes a lot to write a novel, edit it and then self-publish it. I'm in the final stages of working on "The Chosen Must Fall." It is the first book in my Mall Demons Series. I published the prelude, "Death Speaks Loudest To Those Who Flee," in December 2011. 

The part I'm stuck on is a new cover design. So, I'm in the midst of a crash course in graphic design. It includes learning how to use the software necessary to get the job done. Good times (not really).

This has delayed the publication of "The Chosen Must Fall," which I had originally scheduled for the end of January.

Well, just another chapter in the life of a self-publishing writer.

1 comment:

  1. Recently I read a post about Successful ePublishing, and Cover Design was one of the things on the list.

    Also - although there are some exceptions of 'One Book Wonders' - having a Series also can help, especially when you also have Free or 99 cents first books.

    ReplyDelete

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...