Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Flash Fiction Again! Do It In 100 Words

My creative writing club at school is venturing into flash fiction territory again. This time we're going to work on 100-word stories.

If you've never tried it, flash fiction (especially the 100-word variety) is a nice, as well as challenging, change. Think about it this way: you must wrap up an entire story in 100 words. I always tell my students that it's harder to write short than long.

Writing short is a great way to work on the elements of fiction. More on this tomorrow. Do you write flash fiction? If so, what have you learned from the experience? Has it helped with your longer works?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...