Saturday, June 6, 2020

Find Your Passion

So this is my Daily Journal.

As a writer, you should challenge yourself to write every day. Don't feel guilty if you can't. But... if you really want to write, then you will make time.

Case in point... it is nearly 11 p.m. as I write this. I have to wake up at 3 a.m. to go to work. Yeah... caffeine will be my friend tomorrow.

But... I must develop my routine. What does your routine look like? What you should include is introspection. Look inside yourself.

I looked inside myself, and I found it was empty. But not so much anymore. In one of my previous posts, I stated that we are social animals. We need to be connected with other humans. I feel that connection strongly with a particular woman here in Bloomington.

It is really the only reason I am here in Indiana. I'm a proud Texan. Yet... the heart wants what the heart wants. And my heart yearns for her... my beautiful sunflower.

I remember our first conversations. There was an electricity there. I have a stun gun. One day it was in my pocket. Somehow, I accidentally switched it on and I stunned myself. It was shocking! lol. At that moment, I forgot everything.

I was driving in my car at the time. I swerved when the stun gun went off in my pocket. That is how I felt when I met my Bloomington lady. Stunned. I forget the world around me when I'm in her presence. Only she exists. And I only want to exist to please her. That is the moment.

If you want to be a writer, you must feel passionate about something in some way. It is a universal condition. And... if you want to write for an audience, you must tap into that universal condition.

What are you passionate about? What makes your heart stop? What makes you feel passion? I hope you find it. I hope you do. Write about it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...