Thursday, June 20, 2019

What Does It Look Like To Be A Writer?

I'm wondering if you're like me. Something inside me has always bugged me. That something has said, "You should write."

But... then there's the other voice, "You can't do that."

I'm 49 years old. I have wanted to write all my adult life. The amazing thing is that I'm finally giving myself the permission to do it.

And I'm ignoring people around me who say I can't or shouldn't.

Trying to live your dream isn't easy. It's tough. Every second of every day there's that voice inside your head telling you that you can't do it. You are inadequate. Maybe that voice is harsher and says, "Who do you think you are, you effing loser? What the heck have you done with your life to make you think you can do this?"

Maybe I won't make it. Maybe I'm not meant to write.

Or... maybe I am. maybe... just maybe. My voice should be heard. Your voice should be heard.

So... I am venturing forth... I will chase my dreams while I still have breath in my lungs. I must... After all, once that breath leaves my lungs... there's no going back. There's no do-over.

All we have is now to chase our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...