Sunday, May 10, 2015

Writing Through Hardship

Life is full of moments that test us. Hardships. Failures. Heartaches. These are the stuff of life. Yes, happy moments are also part of life. But the tough times often define us the most.

As a writer, it is during tough times - like this moment of hardship and heartache that I find myself in - that I find comfort in words. Pouring my heart out on the page (Yes, I am old school and still use pen and paper) helps me endure.

If you are going through a tough time, consider writing through it. Don't worry if it looks pretty. Don't worry about grammar. Nobody but you has to see it. Just write through the pain. Write through the tears.

Often my pages are stained with tears. It's ok. That is genuineness on the page. Write. Heal. Write some more. Heal some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...