Friday, February 8, 2013

Are You Good Enough To Be A Writer?

Have you ever wondered if you're good enough? Talented enough? And then a relative steps up to say, "No, quit dreaming already. Go get me some more cake."

And just maybe in that moment you cowered. You wanted to shout out: "Yes! I can do it! I am a writer! Shove your cake where the sun don't shine!"

But this isn't your fictional world. You can't manipulate the actions and reactions of the characters in this far too realistic drama. So you freeze.You say nothing. Maybe they're right. Maybe you weren't meant to be a writer.

Now, maybe you agree. Everyone's right. I was delusional. Now what?

I think I'll write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...