Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo Is Finally Here!

As I write this, I am watching the clock. It's 1 a.m. on Oct. 31. In less than 24 hours, I will be well into my first 1,667 words of National Novel Writing Month. 


That is my plan for each of the 30 days of the competition: Write 1,667 words a day. To prepare for the next four weeks of feverish writing, I have over the last week or so taken a sabbatical from serious writing. My thoughts were if I stopped writing, I'd store up the muse and unleash her on Nov. 1.


I've done some outlining and daydreamed my way through character profiles, story lines, etc. But really, I've avoided writing and focused mostly on watching old episodes of Angel, Merlin, 3rd Rock from the Sun and anything else I could to find writing ideas. Beg. Borrow. Steal.


I also played video games I've neglected for years. For example, I dusted off my Nintendo College Football 2005 and played a few games as the Air Force Falcons. And in case you're wondering, I picked the Falcons because I was in a Stargate: SG1 mood, and if you know the show, well, you know they are Air Force. For the record, I don't know how to run Air Force's wing offense (whatever it's called).


For those following my Mall Demons Serial, you'll notice I did not post Chapter 6 yet. I should have announced the delay. My apologies. But since I was on that sabbatical, it included Mall Demons. I should have Chapter 6 online by Friday.


Well... it's 1:15 a.m. Gonna save the rest of the muse and unleash her in less than 24 hours. So, that's all for now. If you're NaNoWriMo, let me know. We can spur one another on to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...