Friday, February 16, 2018

Down Day: Dealing With Your Physical Limitations

Anyone out there have physical limitations? Of course.

Mine are from injuries. I hurt my back in the Army. It got worse later as a college student working for UPS. I hurt it again.

Since then, my back is fragile. Today, it decided to be really fragile. It doesn't take much. One wrong move and something happens. It's my lower back. Don't know if something in my spine pinches a nerve or what. But, the subsequent radiating pain renders me immobile usually for a few days.

Even typing hurts. I set a goal for this week to write a blog post every day. I'm in the last hour of this day... trying to keep that goal. I couldn't type earlier. Just needed to stay immobile. Sheer determination and a touch of vodka have enabled me to get out of bed and sit at my computer.

I've read a lot today. That's about the only activity that doesn't hurt. I'm in five different books. Inspiring. I'll share more later.

I've decided I'll be adding a couple of themed posts to my blog. I love acronyms. So, I'm using them. I will be writing WILD and MOOD posts. What do those acronyms mean?

OK... it wasn't perfect... but, here it is:

WILD - What I learned (2)Day
MOOD- My observation of (the) day.

I know... maybe, it's weird... But, that's my brain. My Valentine's Day observation would be a MOOD feature, for example.

Now... Back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...