Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How Do You Keep Writing? Write Crap

What do you do if you run out ideas?

How do you keep writing? Something inside you says you're a writer. I can do this. I will make it. I know I have something to say that readers will value. I know it. I feel it in my bones.

Is that you? Is that what you've said to yourself? But we stop writing. We stop. When we stop, who is stopping our dream of writing for a mass audience? Simple. We are. Better yet. Insert "I" into the statement.

"I stopped my writing."

Take responsibility. Then, write. Write crap. Write crap today, tomorrow, next week, next month. Write crap for a year... until you don't write crap. Just write. Write, write, write. Let the crap out.

Truth be told, some of what's published is.... wait for it.... crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...