Thursday, January 3, 2013

Creative Cooking

Five minutes ago I completed the evening dinner for my family of seven. Because I can't help but be creative, I decided to do something different.

My wife came home feeling ill. So, dinner was up to me. I decided to make it simple: two cans of beef stew from the pantry over a bed of rice. But... I was feeling creative. 
Rice in a star shape with carmelized onions and
sliced garlicky french toast.

I carmelized some onions. We had half a loaf of french bread left from yesterday. I whipped up a custard and soaked bread slices - like french toast - but made it savory. Translation: Garlicky french toast. 

Before plating, I decided to send a message to my kids: You're all superstars. I used a cookie cutter shape to form the rice in a star. They were super excited with the result. 

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...