Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How Often Do You Revise Your WIP?

Funny how random things are.

I was formatting a booklet of one of my Mall Demons chapters for my students. I was having problems formatting the pages. I ended up having a space in the text box needing to be filled. It was a paragraph-sized hole. In other words, an extra paragraph of dialogue, narration, something would make the document ready for printing.

So... I added a paragraph. But after printing, I couldn't stop there. I scrutinized the chapter, grabbed my favorite red pen and began marking up the print out.

I was still adding red marks on my 45-minute subway ride home. On the couch - once I'd changed into comfy night clothes - I pulled out a clipboard, and marked some more. 

I put the chapter down because I had to ask myself, "Was I changing it needlessly?"

I don't have an answer, but I wonder if anyone can relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...