Saturday, November 27, 2021

What I Am Reading

 I am working on a few stories that reach down into my heritage like shoving your hand down into a garbage disposal to find the clog and hoping nobody flicks the switch and mutilates your hand.

It has involved quite a bit of reading. So... during the last three days, this is what I have read:

Sweet Town by Toni Cade Bambara

The Water Faucet Vision by Gish Jen

The Monkey Garden by Sandra Cisneros

A Dry Drive by Andy Adams

Headed for the Setting Sun by James Emmit McCauley

from Adventures of a Ballad Hunter by John A. Lomax

from Adventures with a Texas Naturalist by Roy Bedicheck

The Portrait by Tomas Rivera

La Fabulosa: A Texas Operetta by Sandra Cisneros

Bad Girls by Harryette Mullen

Why Texas Is the Way It Is by Betty Sue Flowers

Social Studies by Kinky Friedman

If you want to share you thoughts about any of these works, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Floundering With My 2023 Goals, But There's Still Time To Get Back On Track

 It's hard to believe that we are almost done with January 2023. Wasn't it just New Year's Day? Well if you're like me, you ...